Days to Go
Prize Money (INR)
Round - 1
Each member of the two person team should submit a 60-90 second video on the motion. One member of the team will speak for the motion, and the other will speak against the motion. The motion will be sent to teams after registration. The top 16 teams will be invited to ISB based on their submissions. Last date for registration is 31st August 2017
Round - 2 (Finals at ISB)
ELF shall be run in two phases: Phase one, which shall be known as the ‘Preliminary Rounds’ will involve 3 rounds of debate in a round-robin fashion involving match-ups of 2 teams per round, and, Phase two, known as the ‘Knock-out Rounds,’ shall comprise of the semi-finals, and the grand finals. The draw for the first preliminary round will be randomly assigned. The top 4 teams at the end of 3 rounds, judged by the number of wins and the quality of content, will enter the Knock-out Rounds.
Saturday, 23 September
10am - 12:30pm - The Startup Ecosystem
1:30pm-4pm - Automation and the evolving needs of human capital
5pm-7:30pm - Corporate governance
Sunday, 24 September
11am - 12pm - Business & government - the double edged sword of regulation
5pm - 7pm – Gender in Business (Grand Finale)
· Each match will comprise 2 teams, one to propose the motion and one to oppose it.
· The broad theme of each round will be released 7-10 days in advance of the event.
· The specific topic for each round shall be announced 45 minutes before the start of each round.
· Every speaker will have a maximum of 6 minutes of speaking time.
· All speeches will be evaluated in terms of content and presentation.
· Results of each round will only be disclosed at the end of Phase 1.
· Teams will be evaluated as a whole, although the effectiveness of each speaker will heavily influence the outcome for the team as a whole.
· Teams are encouraged to dynamically ‘engage’ with the issues raised during the speeches, and be responsive.
For queries please email at EL_Forum@isb.edu. or contact Apurva Agrawal (+91-9560299533), Gaurang Sinha (+91-7299885750), Harshit Agarwal (+91-8376925681)